Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2015

August 9, 2015

I'm beginning a new chapter in my training life and I love it so far! I've been wanting to participate in a triathlon for over a year now and I decided to finally bite the bullet! The TRI that I chose is only 4 weeks away so I have a lot of prep to do, but thankfully I have a pretty good base going in. The biggest thing I was lacking was the equipment, so over the course of a week I bought a 'tri kit' (the outfit), a swim cap, goggles, bike shoes and pedals and a helmet. It's a bit of an investment but I got a ton of really great clearance deals and I'm ready to go! 

One Day 1 I did the whole distance of the sprint TRI (250m swim, 12 mile bike and 3 mile run) and it took me 1:26:55 right out of the gate. Not bad for never having done it before! We'll see if or how much I can improve over these 4 weeks...

  Almost everything I needed for my first training day (missing: helmet, bike shoes and bike)


0 comments: